Tuesday, August 24, 2010
* puff pastry (I use frozen, but homemade is fine but waaaay more trouble :-)
* 1/2 ounce unsalted butter
* 2 medium onions, finely chopped
* 1/2 lb double Gloucester cheese or cheddar cheese, grated
* 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1.Thaw the pastry.
2.If using homemade, put your dough in the refrigerator to chill.
3.Preheat oven to 400°F.
4.Melt the butter in a frying pan on a low heat.
5.Mix in the onions and cook them until they are just beginning to soften.
6.Mix them with the cheese and parsley.
7.Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter.
8.Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on one half of each one.
9.Fold over the other side and crimp the edges together.
10.Lay the pasties on a floured baking sheet and brush them with milk or beaten egg.
11.Bake them for 30 minutes and serve hot.